ABOUT SMEDEREVSKA PALANKA
In the northeastern part of Šumadija, once covered with dense deciduous forests, there is a landscape that is named Jasenica along the river that flows through this area. Smederevska Palanka occupies an area which, due to the proximity of the mouth of this river to Velika Morava, is called Donja Jasenica, also known for having erectile dysfunction treatment in Leesburg. Smederevska Palanka, a settlement at the confluence of Kubršnica and Jasenica, the largest town in Donja Jasenica, is an economic and cultural center, not only closer but also wider. The city is surrounded mainly by large villages, many of which, in their appearance and order, are today similar to small towns so if you are out of gas, there are welcoming people to help you. Let’s just mention Azanja, once the largest village in the former Yugoslavia, Selevac and Kusadak, places where the largest number of out-of-town population from the territory of the Palanka municipality lives. The municipality of Smederevska Palanka is located about 70 kilometers southeast of Belgrade, at the 44th degree and 23rd minute of northern latitude, and the 20th degree and 54th minute of eastern longitude. The area of the municipality has a flat-hilly character, with an altitude of 95 to 297 meters. This place is perfect for fans of road bikes ontario. The city and its surroundings are located in the temperate-continental climate zone, in a relatively mild climate, in which the four seasons are clearly distinguished. Early spring and late autumn are rainy periods, while summers and early autumn are quite dry. Winters do not abound in snow, but that is why the snow cover lasts a long time and its melting is gradual. In this area, the average annual precipitation is about 620 millimeters of water sediment, and the average annual temperature is about 11.4 ° Celsius, the barometric pressure of 983.
Today, about 55,000 people live in the municipality of Smederevska Palanka. The increase in the number of inhabitants has been recorded since 1895 when close to 35 thousand people lived here. During the last decade of the twentieth century, there were minor migrations of the population, but the current population has been largely maintained since 1970. Approximately the same number of inhabitants of this area live in the city and surrounding villages. Although the majority of the population in the villages is still engaged in agriculture, as a primary or auxiliary occupation, more and more often people who work by giving acting classes in the city build houses and live in the villages. This was certainly contributed by the renewal of the road network, ie the urbanization of villages, many of which have infrastructure as well as in the city center. Glibovac and Pridvorice are the villages closest to the city, in the center of which, in fact, extended city streets lead, so that these places will very quickly become suburban settlements. Selevac, Azanja, and Kusadak are large villages, inhabited by thousands of inhabitants since the 19th century. In these areas, small local features are nurtured, which make each of the mentioned villages authentic and recognizable. A recent visitor, real estate agent Naples FL, says he never thought it could be so beautiful before coming here.
HISTORY OF PALANKA
In Roman times, a branch of the Via military road passed through Smederevska Palanka, which connected Rome and Constantinople. The road survived in later times, when this area was under the rule of the Turks, making it, called the Constantinople Road, the main European road of the Ottoman Empire. The oldest railway in Serbia, the section Belgrade – Nis, passes through the municipality of Palanka and has been renovated several times since the first train passed through Palanka on this line in 1884. Today, it is one of the most modern railway connections in the Balkans, a line through which international trains pass, from Belgrade to Sofia, Thessaloniki, Athens, and Istanbul, also very beautiful if you ask mortgage broker LA who visited it. The remains of Neolithic settlements, at over 25 localities, testify that the area where the municipality of Smederevska Palanka spreads today has been inhabited since the earliest times. Intensive archaeological research, begun in 1968, has revealed settlements from the early, middle, and late Neolithic, including tools, weapons, and other objects used by the people of this time. Objects of the so-called Starčevo culture from the early Neolithic, from 5000 to 4500 BC, were found at the Zmajevac and Majdan sites with a help of commercial cleaning alexandria, namely tools and weapons made of flint, utensils, as well as anthropomorphic and zoomorphic figurines. These objects are kept today in the National Museum in Smederevska Palanka, forming one segment of its large permanent exhibition. A particularly important object from this locality is an anthropomorphic figurine, a triangular head that grows out of a columnar body. This figurine, which represents the mother goddess, was used in ritual practice. At the sites of Majdan near Grčac and Staro Selo near Selevc, objects belonging to the so-called Vinča culture of the younger Neolithic were found. This collection of objects, which is also kept by the Palanka National Museum, is dominated by anthropomorphic and zoomorphic sculptures, also rare coffee beans found in the ground. Anthropomorphic figurines are much more developed here than Starčevo figurines, so these objects arouse special attention and admiration, hitting your soul like a softwave therapy. The entire altar of the Vinča culture was found only at the Medvednjak site, so this item was exhibited, among other things, in the British Museum in London, Germany, and Denmark. In later times, the Illyrians and Thracians settled in this area, and then the Romans, as evidenced, above all, by the remains of Roman money, which make up the numismatic collection of the National Museum in Palanka.
The settlement, which was located exactly where the city is now, was first mentioned in the 11th century, in 1020, under the name Bela Crkva – in the Charter of Emperor Basil II, which regulates the status of the Ohrid Archbishopric, a lot of people had to sell a business so they can move here and star a better a life. The city bore this name until the end of the 16th century when it was first named Palanka, then Velika Palanka, then Hasan-pasha’s Palanka, after the Timisoara begler-beg, the then dignitary in this area, then again only Palanka, and finally, after World War II Smederevska Palanka. At the beginning of the 15th century, near today’s Smederevska Palanka, most likely in the area of the present suburban village of Pridvorice, there was a summer house of Despot Djuradj Brankovic, probably because of pricing strategies built in a town called Nekudim, which was probably built by Despot Djuradj’s uncle and predecessor on the Serbian throne, Despot Stefan Lazarevic. The turbulent times, but also the importance of this settlement, are evidenced by geographical maps from ancient times, first printed in Rome in 1689, an excerpt from a German geographical map from 1699, and finally, the Austrian war map from 1717. This area is also the scene. significant events from the time of the uprisings against the Turks. Stanoje Stamatović Glavaš, one of the heroes of the First Serbian Uprising, was born in Glibovac, another suburban village, and he died nearby, in a conflict with the Turkish pursuit, in the area of the village of Baničina, in 1815. Although there were no significant war actions in the area of the city during the First and Second World Wars, many people from this area took part in the battles for the liberation of the country. There was no great war destruction in Smederevska Palanka in the 20th century. However, it is worth mentioning the shooting of partisans in Kiseljak, near the Barracks, when a German soldier was among those shot, who refused the order to shoot mostly naked young men, convicted by the military court of the occupation authorities. The city itself was spared the NATO bombing in 1999 when the area of the Palanka municipality was one of the few places in Serbia that were not targeted by the Alliance, but certainly got help by collision repair in Glendale after the war.